- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large button mushrooms, wiped clean and stemmed (reserve 1 cup minced stems)
- 6 ounces hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 6 ounces sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
Preheat the oven to 400?F.
Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into a large mixing bowl. Add the mushroom caps and toss to coat.
Cook the sausages in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and reserved minced mushroom stems and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Transfer the sausage-vegetable mixture to the bowl of a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, 2 tablespoons parsley, the Essence, and the remaining teaspoon olive oil. Pulse until the stuffing comes together, about 30 seconds.
Fill each mushroom cap with a heaping teaspoon of stuffing. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons Parmesan in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the mushroom caps. Bake the mushrooms until browned and tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Garnish with the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
Savory Leek And Apple Wood Bacon Tartlets
Spicy Cocktail Nuts
Wild Mushroom Ragout Crostini
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Cranberry Pecan Bread
Canape Of Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts With A Caramelized Onion And Apple Relish
Smoked Salmon Tartare On Toast Points
Cheesy Kale Dip