- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Essence
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 pound small elbow macaroni, egg noodles, ditalini, or other small pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Grated white Cheddar or Colby-jack cheese, for garnish
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Season the beef with salt, pepper, and Essence.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned beef and the onions and cook, stirring, until meat is browned and most of the pink has disappeared.
Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring until the mushrooms have released their juices and the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the beef broth and the pasta and cook, stirring, until the liquid reduces by two-thirds and the cooked pasta is warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.
Remove the pan from the heat and serve, garnishing with the cheese and chopped parsley.
Note: recipe may be doubled or tripled successfully