- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 recipe Basic Pizza Dough
- Cornmeal, for dusting (if needed)
- 1 cup Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli, blanched and shocked
- 1/4 pound roughly chopped pancetta, slightly rendered
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Place a pizza stone or invert a metal baking sheet on an oven rack. (Alternatively, you can simulate a wood-burning oven by lining the oven with unfired bricks. See directions in Basic Pizza Dough recipe.) Dust a clean work surface with flour. Roll portion of dough out to form two 10-inch circles, about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thickness. Transfer one dough round to a pizza peel or the back of a large baking sheet that has been lightly coated with cornmeal.
In a small bowl combine the Alfredo Sauce with half of the finely chopped broccoli and mix well. Divide the sauce and pancetta evenly between both pieces of dough. Sprinkle the remaining broccoli on top. Divide the Parmesan and garlic oil between both pizzas.Once topped, quickly slide dough onto hot pizza stone and bake until toppings are bubbly and crust is browned, 15 to 17 minutes.
Repeat the process with the second pizza. Cut each pizza into 6 slices and serve hot with additional Parmesan and crushed red pepper, if desired.