- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus a handful of fresh leaves
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey, dark and white meat
- ½ recipe Emeril’s Wing Sauce
- 32 pretzel sticks or rods
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a small saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and when bubbly add the onion and garlic. Cook the onions and garlic until translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, heavy cream, parmesan and mozzarella cheese, chopped cilantro, ketchup, and salt and pepper and mix well. Add the egg and the ground turkey and gently mix all of the ingredients until well combined.
Using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop, form the meat mixture into 1 ½-inch balls. Place the meatballs on a lined, greased baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and bake until cooked through about, 18 minutes.
While the meatballs are baking make Emeril’s Wing Sauce.
Transfer the meatballs to a large bowl, pour the sauce over them and stir to coat.
To make the meatballs look like little pumpkins, transfer them to a tray, place a cilantro leaf on each meatball and insert half of a pretzel stick or rod into the top. Serve warm.