- 24 large head-on shrimp (about 2 pounds), peeled and deveined, tails left on, shells and head reserved
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s Creole Seasoning or other Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, preferably homemade
- Juice from 2 lemons (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Jalapeño Biscuits, for serving
In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with half of the cracked pepper, 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning, and the rosemary until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp shells and heads and cook, stirring a few times, for 3 minutes. Add the wine, water, Worcestershire, lemon juice, onion, garlic, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and let gently bubble for 45 minutes. Strain through a coarse strainer; you should have about 1 cup of barbecue base.
Heat a 14-inch skillet over high heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, searing on both sides. Pour in the barbecue base, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat; whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, not adding another until the previous piece is fully incorporated in the sauce.
Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter or small individual plates. Spoon the sauce over the shrimp and serve immediately with the Jalapeño Biscuits.
Chicken and Andouille Gumbo
Fried Shrimp Po-Boy
Emeril’s New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
Charlotte's Hot Shrimp Dip With French Bread Croustades
Kick Butt Gumbo
Rosemary And Salt Roasted Shrimp With Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Shrimp And Crabmeat Stuffed Mirlitons
Mr. John's Chorizo And Seafood Gumbo
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce