- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Finely grated zest from two limes (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smashed garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Creamy Avocado-Lime Vinaigrette, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup vegetable oil, lime zest, pepper, garlic, and cilantro. Add shrimp; cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Season shrimp with salt. In a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and saute half the shrimp. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Remove from heat to a platter and cook remaining shrimp. Serve with Creamy Avocado-Lime Vinaigrette drizzled on top.