- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 4 cups coarsely chopped assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, porcini, oysters, or lobster mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 pound (2 cups) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 1/4 cups Green Onion Coulis
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter until thoroughly blended, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions and the green and red bell peppers and sauté, stirring and shaking the skillet, for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and the salt and pepper, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese with the eggs in a large bowl until very thick and frothy, for about 5 minutes. Beat in the cream, Gouda, sautéed vegetables, and crabmeat. Mix until thoroughly incorporated and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan and bake until firm, about 1 hour and 15 or 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake, allow it to come to room temperature, for about 1 hour before serving.
While the cheesecake is cooling, prepare the Green Onion Coulis.
To serve, cut the cake in wedges with a warm knife and serve each wedge with about 3 tablespoons of the coulis.
Note: To make homemade breadcrumbs, remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and process 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender to form crumbs. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Cheddar And Green Onion Biscuits
Crab and Corn Cheesecake with a Green Onion Coulis
Shrimp Remoulade Deviled Egg Salad
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With A Green Onion Coulis
Muffaletta-Style Deviled Eggs
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks