- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- ½ cup finely chopped (drained) New Orleans-style Olive Salad 
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced capers
- 1 teaspoon caper juice (brine from jarred capers)
- ¼ teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ounce very finely chopped salami, such as genoa or finocchio, or substitute smoked ham
- Sliced pimento-stuffed olives, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
Carefully remove the yolks from the halved eggs and push them through a sieve into a mixing bowl. Add the olive salad, mayonnaise, capers, caper juice, hot sauce, celery salt and cayenne and mix until smooth and well-blended. Stir in the salami. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Transfer the yolk mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip, and pipe the filling into the hollow of each egg half. Garnish with the sliced olives and serve immediately, or cover lightly with plastic wrap and chill for up to several hours or overnight before serving.