- 1 pound fresh or dried rigatoni
- 1 pound Fennel Sausage
- 2 cups Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 recipe Whipped Ricotta
- Grated Parmigiana-Reggiano, for garnish
- Basil chiffonade, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook for 4 minutues for fresh pasta and 8 to 9 minutes for dry pasta. Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat cook the Fennel Sausage until brown, about 4 minutes. Add the marinara and stir well. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss well. If the sauce is too thick, add a little of the pasta water.
Evenly divide the Whipped Ricotta between six plates and using the base of a spoon, spread the ricotta on the bottom of the plate. Divide the pasta and sauce among the plates. Garnish with freshly grated Parmigiana-Reggiano and basil chiffonade.
- Source: Emeril's Test Kitchen and NOLA Restaurant
- Dish Type: Pastas
- Cuisine: Italian
- Cooking Method: Combination
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Moderate