- 2 ½ pounds boneless pork butt, cubed and trimmed of any sinewy bits
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves, rubbed between your fingers
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, toss to thoroughly combine, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour or up to overnight.
Grind the sausage mixture in a meat grinder fitted with a coarse cutting plate. Use as desired.
- Source: nola restaurant
- Dish Type: Misc
- Cuisine: American
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple