- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles, maitaike, royal trumpet or whatever is available, stems removed and caps thickly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspons chopped parsley
- 4 cup baby spring lettuces, such as arugula, red oak and frisee
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
In a large mixing bowl toss the mushrooms with the olive oil and thyme, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast the mushroom in the oven, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
In a medium-size saute pan, over medium-low heat render the bacon until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions have wilted, about 6 minutes. Add the vinegar and mustard and whisk well. Transfer the vinaigrette and the bacon to a large bowl. Add the mushrooms and baby lettuces and toss well.
Divide the salad equally between 4 plates and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve warm.