- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- Vegetable or sesame oil for frying
Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce for serving:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- In a small bowl mix the flour and salt. Add the boiling water and stir with a spoon to combine. Using your hands, continue to incorporate the water with the flour until a dough forms. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and knead it about 10 times, until the water and flour are completely incorporated together. The dough will be warm and soft. Cover it with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the green onion to the dough and knead to mix.
- Dust a work surface with flour. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. With lightly floured hands, roll each piece into a ball.
- Lightly dust a rolling pin and roll out 1 piece of dough into a 6-inch circle, dusting with flour as necessary. Lightly brush the surface of the pancake with toasted sesame oil and roll into a tight cylinder. Take one end of the cylinder and roll it toward the other end forming a snail. It will look like a cinnamon roll. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Using the rolling pin dusted with flour, flatten and roll each piece into a 6-inch circle and set aside on a baking sheet.
- Heat 2 to 3 teaspoons oil in a small fry pan and add a pancake. Cook until lightly browned, about 1 ½ minutes then flip to the other side and cook 1 ½ minutes longer. Remove from the pan and set on a rack or paper towels to drain. Repeat with the remaining pancakes. Serve with the dipping sauce. Note: The pancakes can be cooked ahead of time and reheated in a dry skillet right before serving.
To Make the Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce:
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk.
Yield: ½ cup
Potsticker Dumplings With Spicy Dipping Sauce
Korean-style Pork Wraps With Chili Sauce
Fried Tofu with Korean Red Chili Sauce
STEAMED BUNS WITH KIMCHI BRAISED PORK
CHINESE SHRIMP DUMPLINGS OR HAR GOW
Crawfish Dumpling With A Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce
Bruschetta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Olives
Spanish-Style Deviled Eggs with Pimentόn and Manzanillo Olives
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette