- 6 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Colby cheese, grated
- 6 ounces piquillo peppers, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toast points or crackers, for serving
In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture in half and shape each half into a ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Use the stem of a pepper to create a stem for each of the "pumpkins" and score the cheese balls at regular intervals all the way around.
The cheese spread can be made ahead of time and stored in a resealable container for up to 1 week.
Serve with toast points or crackers.
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Mexican Chocolate Spice Cookies
Chopped Chicken Liver Spread
Rhubarb and Goat Cheese Tart
Pistachio and Goat Cheese Truffles
Grilled Cheese "Sandwitch''
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Crispy Rice Cereal Mummies
Black Shadow Martini
Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting