- 6 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Colby cheese, grated
- 6 ounces piquillo peppers, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toast points or crackers, for serving
In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture in half and shape each half into a ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Use the stem of a pepper to create a stem for each of the "pumpkins" and score the cheese balls at regular intervals all the way around.
The cheese spread can be made ahead of time and stored in a resealable container for up to 1 week.
Serve with toast points or crackers.