- 6 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Colby cheese, grated
- 6 ounces piquillo peppers, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toast points or crackers, for serving
In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture in half and shape each half into a ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Use the stem of a pepper to create a stem for each of the "pumpkins" and score the cheese balls at regular intervals all the way around.
The cheese spread can be made ahead of time and stored in a resealable container for up to 1 week.
Serve with toast points or crackers.
"Pumpkin" Sushi Rice Cakes For Halloween
Herbed Whipped Feta Dip or Spread
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Spider's Lair Layered Taco Dip
Mexican Chocolate Spice Cookies
Graveyard Pudding With Whipped Cream Ghosts
Chopped Chicken Liver Spread
Pistachio and Goat Cheese Truffles
Rhubarb and Goat Cheese Tart
Grilled Cheese "Sandwitch''