- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 1/2 cups Green Onion Coulis
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a large bowl, combine parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter until thoroughly blended, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions and the green and red bell peppers and saute, stirring and shaking the skillet for 2 minutes. Stir in the corn and the salt and pepper, saute for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the eggs in a large bowl until thick and frothy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the cream, Gouda, sauteed vegetables and crabmeat. Mix until thoroughly incorporated and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan and bake until firm, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake, allow it to come to room temperature for an hour before serving.
Serve the cheesecake with the Green Onion Coulis.