- 4 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed and cut in half at joint, rinsed and wiped dry
- 1/2 cup red hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Essence, plus more for sprinkling
- Apple & Bourbon Glaze
In a large, shallow non-reactive bowl combine the chicken, hot sauce, pepper, and salt, and toss well to combine. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap, refrigerate, and let marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
In a heavy pot, heat the oil to 360 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the 2 tablespoons Essence. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the flour 1 at a time, tossing to coat evenly.
Add the coated chicken wings to the hot oil in batches and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides and cooked through, 8 to12 minutes. Remove the chicken wings from the fryer with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Sprinkle lightly with Essence and serve immediately with the Spiced Apple & Bourbon Glaze.
- Source: Entertaining with Emeril
- Dish Type: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Cooking Method: Deep Frying
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Moderate