- 24 - 30 large cherry, cherub, or grape tomatoes, preferably in different colors
- Six 4 - 6 inch bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Skewer 4 - 5 tomatoes onto each skewer and brush them lightly with some of the olive oil. Sprinkle the tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Grill them briefly, turning them occasionally, until they are just warmed through and barely marked by the grill, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the tomato skewers to a serving platter.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the remaining olive oil with the basil and garlic. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and stir to blend. Spoon the mixture evenly over the tomatoes, and sprinkle with additional sea salt and pepper if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.