- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef short rib, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef brisket, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 4 onion rolls, lightly toasted
- Mayonnaise and Creole mustard, for serving
- Emeril's Kicked Up Chili, for serving
- Hot Sauce-Marinated Crispy Onion Rings, for serving
Place the diced short rib and brisket in a large bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Cover and set aside to marinate, refrigerated, for 1 hour.
Assemble a home grinder according to the manufacturer's instructions, using a medium die for grinding. Grind the meat mixture and then gently form it into 4 patties, being careful not to overwork it. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Preheat a grill to medium, and lightly oil the grates.
Remove the patties from the refrigerator and place them on the grill. Cook to the desired degree of doneness, 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, placing the cheese on the patties when you flip them over to cook the second side.
Place a burger on the bottom of each of the buns and dress with the lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and mustard as desired. Top with crispy fried onions and drizzle with the chili. Serve immediately.
Smoked Sausage Sandwiches with Beer-Braised Onions
Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Green Chile Mayonnaise
Double Chili Cheeseburger with Griddled Onions
Emeril's Ultimate Hot Dog Bar
Baby Bam Burgers
Southwestern Turkey Sliders
Bacon Potato Salad
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Roy Choi-Inspired Korean-Style Pot Roast Tacos