- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small white onion, halved
- Salt for cooking water plus 1 teaspoon
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Emeril’s Kicked-Up Horseradish Mustard (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Place the potatoes and onion in a pot and add enough water to cover by at least 3 inches. Salt the water and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the vinegar, Emeril’s Kicked-Up Horseradish Mustard (see note below), and honey in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, stirring constantly. Stir in the shallot, herbs, the 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Let the dressing sit for at least 10 minutes at room temperature for the flavors to infuse.
Drain the potatoes and discard the onion. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl. Stir the dressing just before pouring it over the potatoes. Toss and coat well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: If you cannot find the Emeril's Kicked-Up Horseradish Mustard in your area, substitute with 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of prepared horseradish.
Three Bean Salad
Emeril's Favorite Potato Salad
Potato Soup with Bacon and Cheddar
Creamed Garlic Potatoes
Potatoes Braised with Apples, Bacon and Cabbage
Charlotte's Green Bean Salad
Creamed Mustard Greens
Haricots Verts And Horseradish Salad
E2's Potato Salad
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic