- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Creole or other whole-grain mustard
- 4 strips crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
Place the potatoes in a saucepan, add water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook, partially covered, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a salad bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, season them with the salt, cayenne, black pepper, and lemon juice. Toss well to combine. Add the celery, green onions, parsley, and eggs.
In a small bowl, stir the mayonnaise and mustard together. Add this to the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the salad, and toss gently but thoroughly to mix well.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered, and serve slightly chilled.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, from Emeril at the Grill, Harper Collins Publisher, New York, 2009, copyright MSLO, Inc., all rights reserved
Oven-Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Double Chili Cheeseburger with Griddled Onions
Southwestern Turkey Sliders
Backyard Barbecued Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Smoked Sausage Sandwiches with Beer-Braised Onions
The Herbert Burger
Emeril’s Slow-Cooked Bam-B-Q Baked Beans
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Blueberry Peach Cobbler
Grilled Mixed Vegetables