- 1 cup Port wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 24 large fresh figs, such as Black Mission (or large, moist dates, such as Medjool)
- 3 ounces mild goat cheese or gorgonzola, softened at room temperature
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 48 whole lightly toasted pistachios, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
Add Port and sugar to a small saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
Line a clean baking sheet with parchment paper. Make as small a hole as possible in each fig. Roll cheese into marble-size balls and place into the cavity of figs. Press figs into pistachios and wrap each with one piece prosciutto. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down, spreading them one inch apart.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat and grill prosciutto-wrapped figs until prosciutto is crisp and figs are heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
To serve, drizzle with olive oil and Port wine reduction; garnish with remaining pistachios.
Smoked Salmon Spread In Cucumber Cups
Warm Pimiento Cheese-stuffed Tomatoes
Tuna Tartare In Phyllo Cups
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
Deconstructed Spring Rolls
Marinated Blue Crab Claws
Belgian Endive Stuffed With Crabmeat Ravigote
Seared Scallops With A Portobello Truffle Emuslion, Caviar and Microgreens