- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup (about 6 ounces) jarred roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more for drizzling
- 4 to 6 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Homemade Pita Chips, for serving
Place chickpeas and chopped roasted red pepper in the bowl of a food processor. On a cutting board, mash garlic cloves with 1/4 teaspoon salt to a smooth paste with the side of a knife. Add garlic to food processor along with crushed red pepper, tahini, water, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons olive oil. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasoning by adding salt, additional lemon juice, and olive oil to taste. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl for serving.
Drizzle hummus with olive oil and garnish with parsley and paprika. Serve with pita chips.