- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Two 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh Key lime juice or fresh-squeezed regular lime juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl. Press together with your hands. Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until golden brown around the edges and fragrant, about 15 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
Combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs in a large bowl, and whisk until well blended. Pour the filling into the cooled pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes; allow to cool to room temperature, then chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Once chilled, combine the sour cream and confectioners' sugar and spread over the top of the pie with a spatula. Sprinkle the lime zest on top as a garnish and serve chilled.