- One and one-half cups fine-diced fruit (try using a variety of textures and complementary and contrasting flavors)
- 1 medium sweet or red onion, seeded and cut into small dice
- One-fourth to one-half yellow or red bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 piece fresh ginger root, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand, if possible, for juices to release and flavors to blend, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Source: Cooking Section, June 2002
- Dish Type: Sauces