- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/2 cup sake wine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- 1 cup julienne cucumbers, peels and seeds removed
- 1 cup julienne fresh mango
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground white pepper
For the marinade: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, stir well, and allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Toss the shrimp with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers and mango. Season with a drizzle of the oil, salt and white pepper. Mix well. Stir in the cilantro. Heat a medium wok, over medium heat. Add the shrimp in batches, to the wok and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
To serve, place the salad in the middle of the plate and serve the shrimp over the salad.