Three Cheese Pizza
This isn't your average three cheese pizza. Topped with wild mushrooms, proscuitto,Teleme, Fontina and goat cheeses and then drizzled with truffle oil, it will knock your socks off! Of course feel free to switch up the cheese if you can't any of these in your local grocery. A soft brie or teleggio could easily be used in place of the Teleme. The truffle oil adds a nice touch, but don't worry it is still out of sight without it!
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces exotic mushrooms, such as chanterelle, shiitake or wood ear, rinsed well, dried and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups thin strips prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 6 ounces soft mild goat cheese such as Montrachet, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Teleme cheese
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, just until their juice has evaporated, stirring from time to time, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. With your hands, gently stretch one dough disk to a 6-inch round. Place the dough round on a lightly greased baking sheet, and pat out to a 10- to 12-inch round, about 1/8-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining dough disk.
Top each piece of dough with half of the mushrooms, half of the proscuitto, and 1 tablespoon of truffle oil. Sprinkle the cheeses over the mushrooms, and bake until the dough is brown and the cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes, switching the pans between the racks after 7 minutes.