- 6 pieces of aluminum foil (24 by 24)
- 6 pieces of cheesecloth (12 by 12)
- 2 pounds littleneck or steamer clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound baby potatoes, par boiled and cut in half
- 3 ears of fresh sweet corn, cut in half
- 2 medium yellow onions, quartered
- 6 all-beef hot dogs
- 6 Chorizo sausage links
- 1 bottle beer
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- CREOLE SEASONING:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 6 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat the grill over to a medium-high heat.
For the Foil Pouches: Place the pieces of foil on a flat surface. Place a piece of cheesecloth over the piece of foil. Place a dozen of the clams over each piece of cheesecloth. Continue layering with the potatoes, corn, onions, hot dogs and sausage links. Season with Creole seasoning. Pour some of the beer into each pouch.
Wrap each pouch up tightly and place on the grill. Cook the pouches for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the clams open up. Discard any shells that do not open.
Place each pouch on a serving plate and with a sharp knife, slice the pouch open. Drizzle each pouch with the melted butter and garnish with parsley.
CREOLE SEASONING: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Bacon Clam Dip
Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Scallops
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Marinated Flank Steak with Summer Salsa
Strawberry Lemon Crush
Grilled Swordfish With White Bean Relish And Potato Skordalia
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree and Fried Tortillas
Grilled Corn With Cheese And Chile