- 3 cups peeled and diced butter squash, about 1 large squash (1/2-inch dice)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
In a pot of boiling water over high heat, cook the squash with 1 teaspoon of salt until the squash is tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the squash and the remaining ingredients and glaze the squash, shaking the pan and stirring, for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.