- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 4 ears fresh white or yellow corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeÒo, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Mayonnaise or
- store-bought mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Crispy Tortilla Chips
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. (The corn will make a popping sound as it cooks.) Pour the corn into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions, jalapeÒo, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the corn and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Add the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the grated cheese, and the cayenne to the corn mixture and mix well. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with the chips.
Crispy Tortilla Chips
Fire Roasted Corn Dip With Crispy Flour And Blue Corn Chips
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Hot Chorizo Tamales With Black Bean And Roasted Pepper Salsa
Baked Lump Crab, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip With Crispy Flour Tortillas
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade
Stir Fried Bok Choy And Shrimp Salad With Wonton Chips
Baked Crabmeat, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip
Crawfish And Corn Cakes
Mini Open Faced Corn Cake And Salmon Salad Sandwiches With Beluga Caviar