- 6 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 6 flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil if deep-frying
- To bake the chips, preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the tortillas in a single layer on baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes, until crisp and golden, turning once. Sprinkle lightly with the salt.
- To fry the chips, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides into a large heavy pot or electric deep fryer and heat over high heat to 360°F. In batches, without crowding, deep-fry the tortillas until golden brown, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle lightly with the salt.
- Serve immediately.
- Source: Prime Time Emeril Cookbook
- Dish Type: Appetizer