- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and chopped (leave the seeds if you would lilke more heat)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lump or claw crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium size bowl combine the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and mayonnaise and mix well. Add the jalapeno, garlic, red onion, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and sauce and mix well. Gently, fold in the crabmeat. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, cilantro and green onions and mix well. Top the crabmeat dip with the bread crumbs and transfer the dish to the oven.
Bake until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the mixture is is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips or toast points.