- 2 teaspoons finely crushed white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 8 cups finely crushed ice
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters on the half-shell
- 1 ounce beluga, osetra, or sevruga caviar
- Combine the white pepper, salt, wine, olive oil, and shallots in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Put 1 cup of the ice in each of eight small shallow rimmed soup bowls and press down gently to make a level bed. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the kosher salt over each bowl of ice. Place 3 oysters in their shells on each bed and spoon an equal amount of the sauce over each. Dot with the caviar and serve cold.
- Source: Every Day's A Party Cookbook
- Dish Type: Appetizer