- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound assorted exotic mushrooms, such a shiitakes, oysters, and chanterelles, wiped clean, stems trimmed, and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 pound goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 sheet (15 X 10 inches) frozen puff pastry (found in the frozen food section), defrosted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, season with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour the mushrooms into a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the goat cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmigiano and stir to blend.
- With a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds out of the puff pastry. Place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet, prick each round randomly with the tines of a fork, and brush with the beaten egg. Spread a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture on each round, leaving a 1/8-inch border. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the rounds with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmigiano and the parsley, and let cool for several minutes before serving.
Beef And Mushroom Risotto
Creole Tomato Salsa
Pecan Crusted Rabbit With Wilted Greens And Creole Dressing
Grilled Creole Mustard Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas And Andouille
Crabmeat With Celery Root Mayonnaise
Oysters On The Half Shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Seared Duck With Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding