- 2/3 cup lump crabmeat, picked over to remove cartilage and shells
- 1 teaspoon white Truffle oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 won ton wrappers
- 2 1/2 cups canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Emeril's Original Essence
Sweet Corn Maque Choux
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups corn, or 4 fresh ears of cobs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a mixing bowl, combine the lump crabmeat, truffle oil, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the ravioli.
In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the onion, green and red bell peppers, and salt to the pan, and sauté until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the corn and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes longer. Add the garlic and cream to the pan and cook for 2 to 4 minutes longer until the cream is slightly thickened and reduced. Remove from the heat. Cover to keep warm.
Spread 12 won ton wrappers on a flat work surface. In the center of each wrapper, place approximately 1 tablespoon of crabmeat filling. Wet the edges of the wrappers with water and top with the remaining 12 wrappers, gently pressing from the center out to expel any air, and sealing the edges with your fingers.
In a large heavy pot, such as cast iron, heat the oil over medium-high heat to 350° F. Carefully slip the ravioli into the hot oil in batches and fry until golden brown on each side, turning with a slotted spoon, about 1 1/2 minutes total cooking time. Transfer the ravioli to a paper towel covered plate to drain and sprinkle lightly with Original Essence to taste.
Serve 3 ravioli per person on a bed of Sweet Corn Maque Choux.