- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 U10 dry scallops, cleaned
- 2 cups Mango and Roasted Pepper Salsa
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Preheat the grill.
To make the piri piri, combine the olive oil, jalapeno and poblano peppers, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over high heat. Cook stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and remove from the heat. Cool the mixture, then transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Refrigerate the sauce until needed, up to 7 days.
Place 4 scallops on each skewer. Marinate the skewers in the piri piri for 1 hour. Place the skewers on a hot grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Bast the skewers with the sauce, occasionally. Mound the salsa in the center of the plate. Place the skewers directly on top of the salsa.
Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
- Source: Essence Of Emeril EE2372
- Dish Type: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Cooking Method: Grilling
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple