- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup small diced onions
- 1/4 cup small diced red peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound crawfish tails, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper
- 8 prepared crepes
- 10 long chives
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup small diced tasso
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Crystal or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 2 tablespoons brunoise red pepper
- 4 grilled whole green onions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
For the purses: In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil. When the pan is smoking hot, add the onions, peppers, shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute and remove from the heat. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with the sautéed mixture. Mix until incorporated. Adjust the seasoning. Divide the crawfish filling into 8 equal portions. Spoon each portion in the center of the crepe. Gather the crepe at the top, forming a purse-like shape. Tie each crepe with a long chive.
For the sauce: In a hot saute pan, render the tasso for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and continue sauteing for 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and season with salt, pepper, and Essence. Allow the sauce to reduce until slightly thick, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the green onions and Crystal hot sauce. Finish the sauce with the butter. Reseason if necessary.
For the purses: Place the purses in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven. Spoon the sauce in the center of the platter. Arrange the purses over the sauce. Garnish with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, red peppers and the grilled green onion.
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Emeril's Crawfish Pie
Pork And Shrimp Spring Rolls With Peanut Sauce
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Crawfish Egg Rolls With Hot Sesame Drizzle
Veal Raviolis With A Morel Cream Sauce And Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese