- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Chili Sauce
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 18 Diver Scallops, cleaned and bottom shells reserved
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Scrub the scallop shells clean
In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the Chili Sauce, and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, add 1 cup of the oil in a steady stream. Process until the mixture is thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the scallops with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. Add the scallops and sear for 1 minute on each side. Remove from the heat and set aside. . Place the scallops in the center of each shell. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the chili-mayonnaise on top each scallop. Place the scallops on two baking sheets. Place in the oven and cook until the top is golden and bubbly, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve on a large platter. Garnish with parsley. Serve the scallops with the remaining 1/4 cup of Chili Sauce.