- Four 6-ounce fillets swordfish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- One 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled
- One 1/2-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled
- 2 tablespoons blended oil (olive oil and canola/ vegetable oil)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/4 red onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup Umbrian chickpeas, cooked
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 20 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat a grill or saute pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the swordfish with salt and pepper and grill or pan-sear until just cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Combine the garlic, ginger and turmeric with a little water in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat the blended oil in a separate saute pan until hot. Add the cauliflower and red onions and cook until caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Add the chickpeas and curry and toast for 10 seconds or so. Pour in the garlic mixture, fish stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- To serve, spoon the vegetables and sauce into a shallow bowl and top with the swordfish.
Notes:This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Recipe courtesy Chef Clay Conley, Buccan Restaurant, Palm Beach, Florida
- Source: Emeril's Florida: Palm Beach
Fennel Seared Swordfish With Smoked Tomato Butter, Yukon Hash And Bottarga Citrus Salad
Bud And Alley's Barbequed Shrimp
Yellowedge Grouper With Savory Sweet Corn Pudding, Oyster Mushroom Vinaigrette And Petite Greens
Skillet Seared Skirt Steak, Red Onions And Shishito Peppers With Arugula Salad In Honeybell Orange Vinaigrette
Smoked Buffalo With Melted Fennel, Leeks, And Hearts Of Palm Salad With Florida Orange Vinaigrette
The Hurricane Port-a-shrimp
Stinky's Stew With Mema's Pressed Crab Po Boy
Pecan Boniato Crusted Fish With Jalapeno Cream Sauce
Seared Crab Cake With Corn Relish, Roasted Tomato And Pepper Coulis
Grilled Spicy Sausage With Florida Sweet Potatoes And Peppers With Mustard Vinaigrette