- 1/2 cup simple syrup*
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pound mascarpone
- 1/4 cup light karo syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pint ripe strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- In a metal bowl whisk together simple syrup and egg yolks, set the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk continuously until the mixture reaches the ribbon stage (thick, pale yellow and forms a ribbon when the whisk is lifted). Remove the bowl from the heat, transfer the yolk mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until cool. Whisk in the mascarpone, karo syrup, milk and lemon juice and strain mixture through a fine sieve. Chill thoroughly, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight, then process in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a small, non-reactive bowl toss strawberries with balsamic vinegar and sugar and set aside to macerate for a few hours, up to overnight.
- Serve with macerated strawberries.
- *Note: To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil, then simmer and whisk until sugar is disolved. Remove from the heat and set aside until cool.
Oreo Cookie And White Chocolate Mousse Pie With Macerated Strawberries
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Honey
Strawberries Macerated In Red Wine
Mille Feuille Of Benne Wafers And Pineapple Pastry Cream With Macerated Berries
Sour Cream Cake With Macerated Berries
Raspberries Macerated In Wine Mille Feuille With A Lemon Chantilly Cream
Goat Cheese And Rosemary Tart With Shaved Prosciutto And Armagnac-macerated Figs