- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, about 22 inches long
Preheat the broiler to high and move the rack to the top third of the oven. In a medium bowl, cream to combine the butter, parsley, garlic, Essence, lemon juice and salt until well blended.
Slice the loaf of bread in half horizontally and brush the cut side of each piece evenly with the garlic-butter mixture. Place the bread halves on a baking sheet lined with foil and broil until the bread is toasted and the garlic butter is bubbling, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Slice the bread crosswise into serving pieces, and serve hot.