- 6 tablespoons olive oil, in all
- 2 (1-inch) slices of zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 (1-inch) slices of yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 2 (1-inch) slices of eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup roasted pecans pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 whole lemons, skin and pith removed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 pound cold butter, cubed
- 3 ounces Andouille sausage, finely diced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 4 each (6 to 8 ounces) redfish fillets
- 2 cups shoestring potatoes, fried and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon brunoise of red pepper
- 1 tablespoon brunoise of yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Brush the vegetables with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on a roasting and roast for 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven and cool. Dice the vegetables and set aside. In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sauté the roasted vegetables, pecans, and garlic for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the green onions and keep warm.
In a saucepan, combine the Worcestershire sauce, lemons and bay leaves. Bring the liquid up to a simmer and simmer the liquid until it reduces by 2/3, about 4 minutes. Whisk the cold butter cubes into the sauce, a cube at a time, until all the butter is incorporated. The sauce should be thick and coat the back of a spoon. Keep the sauce warm.
In a hot sauté pan, render the andouille sausage for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool the sausage completely.
Turn the cooled sausage into a mixing bowl. Stir in the bread crumbs. Season the fillets with the Creole seasoning. In a large, ovenproof sauté pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the redfish, presentation side down first. Sauté the redfish for 4 minutes on the first side and carefully flip over. Cover the top of each fillet with a quarter of the andouille crumb crust.
Place the sauté pan in the oven and cook for 5 minutes, just until the fish flakes easily.
To assemble. Spoon the sauce in the center and around the rim of each plate. Mound the shoestrings in the center of each plate. Place three small spoonfuls of the relish around the shoestrings on each plate. Gently lay a fish fillet on top of each mound of shoestring potatoes. Garnish the plates with red and yellow peppers, chives and cheese.