- 1 ½ pounds trimmed Brussels sprouts, shaved
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and cut into small dice
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
Using a mandoline or very sharp knife, shave the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. Place in a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, salt, mustard seeds, celery seeds, ginger, pepper, and green onions. Pour this over the shaved sprouts and add the apple, raisins and pecans. Toss to coat well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 4 hours in advance.