- 1 quart large pimento-stuffed green olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups large Greek black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 ½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup pickled cauliflower, drained
- 3 to 4 ribs celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ½ cup pepperoncini, drained and halved
- 1/3 cup cocktail onions, drained
- ¼ cup nonpareil capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s Original Essence or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
Combine all the ingredients in a large nonreactive bowl and mix well. Place in a large nonreactive jar (preferably glass) and store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
The salad should be made at least 24 hours before using and improves with age. You can keep it for up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
Note: Any leftover olive salad is delicious added to green salads, sandwiches, pasta, or crostini.