- ½ small green cabbage, cored and shaved (about 4 cups)
- ½ small purple cabbage, cored and shaved (about 4 cups)
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds
Combine the cabbages, carrots, and green onions in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seeds and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. While continuing to whisk, drizzle in the vegetable oil until combined. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Set aside for 5 or 10 minutes for flavors to come together. Add the sunflower seeds, toss briefly, and serve.