- 12 to 16 smallish romaine lettuce leaves
- Simple Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 pound boiled shrimp
- 2 ears boiled corn, kernels cut from the cobs
- 2 ribs celery, thinly shaved
- ½ Vidalia or other sweet onion, shaved
- 16 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 8 boiled new potatoes, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 green onion tops, shaved
- Soft fresh herbs, such as basil, tarragon, or chives (optional)
- Celery leaves from inner stalks, if available
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large nonreactive bowl, add the romaine and enough of the vinaigrette to just lightly coat the lettuce leaves and toss to coat. Arrange the leaves on 4 chilled salad plates.
Add the shrimp, corn, celery, tomatoes, potatoes, eggs, green onions, soft herbs, and celery leaves to the bowl and add about ¼ cup of the vinaigrette to the bowl. Season lightly with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat, adding more dressing as desired. Divide the shrimp mixture evenly among the plates and enjoy.