- One 8- to 10-pound fully cooked bone-in ham
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups ginger ale
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chiles finely minced
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, score the ham to form a diamond pattern. (If the ham you have is spiral-sliced, skip the scoring and proceed as directed.)
Place the ham on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until nearly warmed through, about 45 minutes.
While the ham is warming, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced to a syrupy glaze that coats the back of a spoon.
Remove the ham from the oven and brush the glaze all over the ham. Return to the oven and continue baking, glazing the ham every 10 to 15 minutes, until the ham is golden brown with a syrupy coating, 30 to 45 minutes longer.
Serve the ham hot or at room temperaure, drizzled with any remaining glaze.