- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced red jalapeno
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Unsalted butter, for serving
- Honey, for serving
Preheat the Air Fryer 360 to 325 degrees F on the bake setting.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal and flour. Set aside. In a second bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients (except butter and honey). Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into a greased 9-inch skillet or other baking dish and bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a tester comes out clean, usually about 30 minutes.
Brush the top of the cornbread with butter and honey before serving.