- Two 12-ounce cans solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked apart
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (or substitute dried basil and oregano)
- Sliced ciabatta bread or other rustic Italian bread
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Provolone cheese slices
- Potato chips and dill pickles for serving, optional
In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, red onion, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and Italian herbs and stir to blend will. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
Divide the tuna evenly between the bread slices. The number of sandwiches you can make will depend on the size of the bread slices you are using.(Usually this amound of tuna salad will make 6 to 8 open faced sandwiches.) Top each with tomato slices and provolone. Place the sandwiches in the air fryer and cook until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden brown in spots and the tuna is warmed through, usually about 12 mintues. Serve hot with chips and pickles.
Mini Black Bean Cakes for the Air Fryer 360
Kicked-up Tuna Melts
Crispy Air-Fried Shrimp Sliders
Air-Fried Braised Chicken Thighs with Rosemary and Lemon
Air Fried Citrus and Honey Glazed Ham
Air Fried Southwest-Style Pork Loin
Air Fried New York Strip Steak with Red Wine Sauce
Air Fried Buttermilk Biscuits
Air Fried Banana Bread
Air Fried Squash with Goat Cheese and Herbed Salsa