- 1 head fennel, shaved on a mandolin
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, halved
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup blood orange juice
- zest from 1 blood orange
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine the fennel, kale, goat cheese, pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts and toss well.
In a small bowl combine the orange juice, zest, shallot, and Dijon mustard and mix well. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking vigorously. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
- Source: EMERILS TEST KITCHEN
- Dish Type: Salads
- Cuisine: American
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple