- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium leek, white and light green parts, halved and sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 to 12 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 2 quarts rich chicken stock
- 1 cup petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large red potato, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced crosswise
- 3 cups chopped fresh collard greens
- 1 small to medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup 1/2-inch pieces of fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or basil
Press saute function; select beef setting and adjust the temperature to 360 degrees F. Press timer; set to 6 minutes. Add the extra virgin olive oil, onion, leek, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant. Press cancel.
Add the bay leaves, thyme, chicken, stock, and tomoatoes and lock the lid. Press pressure fuction; select custom. Press timer; set to 8 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 3 minutes; quick release any remaining pressure.
Remove the chicken and set aside. Season the broth with salt and pepper to taste. Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, and collard greens. Lock lid. Press pressure function; select custom. Press timer; set to 3 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 3 minutes; quick release any remaining pressure.
Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, and green beans. Lock the lid. Press pressure function; select custom. Press timer; set to 1 minute. Let the pressure release naturally for 3 minutes; quick release any remaining pressure. Shred the chicken and stir it into the soup along with the green onions and parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Note: This recipe was created specifically for the Emeril Lagasse Pressure AirFryer by Tristar. As such, cook times and temperatures may need to be adjusted if you would like to make this recipe in another pressure cooker.