- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork country ribs, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves)
- 6 anchovy fillets, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- Two 25-ounce jars Emeril's Tomato and Basil pasta sauce, or your favorite red sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 12 ounces fresh Italian sausage, removed from casings and rolled into meatballs
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- Cooked pasta, for serving
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Season the beef and pork on all sides with salt and pepper. Place one layer of the meat in the bottom of the inner pot and add the garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and anchovies. Top with the remaining meat and then pour the wine over all. Add the pasta sauce and crushed red pepper.
Lock pressure lid. Press pressure fuction; select beef setting. Press timer; set to 45 minutes. Start.
Let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes; quick release any remaining pressure. Stir meat and sauce; remove bay leaves and oregano stems.
Press saute function; select beef setting. Press timer; set to 6 minutes. Add sausage meatballs and cook, stirring gently at first, until the meatballs firm up and are cooked through. The beef and pork should fall into smaller pieces or shreds -- this is what you want. When the meatballs are cooked through, add the basil, season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Serve the sauce ladled over pasta, making sure that each guest gets some of the beef, pork, and meatballs. Garnish with Parmesan if desired.
Note: This sauce will continue to improve in flavor as it sits, making it great for make-ahead dinners.
Note: This recipe was created specifically for the Emeril Lagasse Pressure AirFryer by Tristar. As such, cook times and temperatures may need to be adjusted if you would like to make this recipe in another pressure cooker.
Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce
Chicken Marsala in the Pressure Cooker
Garlicky Chinese Green Beans for the Pressure Cooker
Pressure Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs with Air Fried Garlic Bread
Pressure Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Pressure Cooker Southern-Style Green Beans with Smoked Ham Hocks
Pressure Cooker Cheesecake with Almond-Sour Cream Topping
Pressure Cooker Duck Stock for Duck Congee
Pressure Cooker Puerto Rican-Style Pork Roast
Thai-Style Vegetarian Coconut Curry for the Pressure Cooker